Dear Committee members and Duck Fayre followers, In the light of todays government announcement to stop all non essential social contact and that 'mass gatherings' will not be supported by the emergency services, Jenny, Claire and I have made the decision that the Duck Fayre 2020 will be cancelled. I hope you will understand, particularly
as we were due to meet to discuss this issue on Wednesday , but as you will no doubt be aware, the public have been told to avoid social venues and I do not want to put anyone at risk of contracting this dreadful virus. This has not been an easy decision; one option was to simply 'delay' the fayre till later in the year, but, sadly, we do not know how long the restrictions will last? Whilst an autumn fayre might have been a possibility , it would demand considerable work from us all with no guarantee the fayre would go ahead, plus we would have little time between a fayre in September/October 2020 and the following one in May 2021. What we can say is that the Fayre in 2021 will be on Sunday 16th May and if the restrictions are lifted later this year we could possibly run a quiz night or small event to keep up the public's interest. In the meantime, all our committee meetings are cancelled and we will offer a refund to the stallholders, sponsors and advertisers. It may be that some of our suppliers will be prepared to roll over our bookings for next year. Providing we can keep the grants we were given, we should not be out of pocket. I want to thank you all for your support during this difficult time and wish you all well. Once we have the all clear we can reconvene the committee and get back to work for 2021.